Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My Next Step

A quick update is due. I have finally been able to move closer to the city, and have moved in with one of my fellow film students into the apartment that I share with two other people.

It's been a year and some odd months since I left LA. Now I sit in a living room that belongs to no-one but the people that we wish to have around us. NO drugs, no mental patients, no people that don't understand film and what it means to be in love with something greater than ones self.

As I speak one of my room mates is at her third job the other is sitting on the couch next to me doing a script break down for her Directing class.

It's overall taken ten years and thousands of miles to get to this point. A sense of contentment that fills my vision has made greater my determination that the goals I have set for my self are not only attainable but truly a part of my life that will be achieved. Two years ago I was sleeping in an field, three months before that I had spent the night on Sunset blvd after being stranded.

I was trying to chase film, with no resources no hope. Now, not only do I have hope but I have look into the face of one of the greatest names in film on the planet and seen in him what I see every time I look in the mirror.

It's like my dad always says: "press on, this too shall pass".

It did and now the opportunity to truly challenge myself is all around me, and I can hardly believe my great fortune.

No comments:

Post a Comment