Monday, December 20, 2010

Projects

Currently I am working on:

  1. Feature length documentary; that I am primarily producing and directing. It is related to some work that I have been doing on a case through a non-profit organization that I am a consultant for. The non-profit is Families In Crisis Support Programs or F.I.C. Support Programs. The title of the documentary is TBA.
  2. A web-site; The site is (www.aroundchicagonow.com). If you go to the site you can enter your email and be on our mailing list. The site is basically going to be about different current events that are happening in Chicago. Our first show will be about New Years, and what parties are where and why people are going to them. We will try to do a video every week. Spiro Fentzas and Rob Rhodes are my business partners in this venture and we have the ball rolling in many ways.
  3. Flashpoint; by far the best film environment I have ever been in. Wait, it's the greatest creative environment I have ever been in. My goal is to go to that school no matter what. At any point in my career if I went there it would not be a waste of the two years. For sure I will graduate from that school and my career will have gone to another level no matter how much success I have had previously.

Also it is worth mentioning that my current job is working at a gas station. I have only been there for a week and a couple of days so I don't even have my first paycheck but I am already hearing people mention that I may be promoted to manage the station in February.

What about the pitch to the studio? Great question, it's gotta wait. It's been pitched, Rob and I have basically done as much as we can at this point. Now if we bugged them too much it might be detrimental. Timing really is everything, and in my last conversation with my contact in the production office I was told that they would not even be ready to work with the concepts Rob and I pitched until April. It is almost guaranteed that a publicity piece will be done on Rob and I to bolster box-office sales after the films release. The unique way in which we got onto the film, has gotten around some in the industry and would probably boost sales. This is what the PR department of the Studio believes and who am I to argue with that?!

My short, "No Picket Fence". Well to sum it up it's dead. I had some creative differences with some of the talent and could not move forward on the project. It's sad, but that is the way things go. I wish everyone on that project the best and hope that they have amazing careers.

Moving on...

The current living situation is still really good. Am scrambling a bit financially but I should be in way better shape by the end of the month.

I hope to post specific blogs about each of the current projects soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment